Craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings.
Special thanks to the New Orleans Hash House Harriers Red Dress Run for awarding The Creativity Collective a grant to launch Fauxmosa: the creation and distribution of craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers and designated drivers in social settings.
Menus utilize available bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options. Menus can be downloaded and will be distributed through-out New Orleans bars, restaurants and venues.
Fauxmosa also includes education, stimulating alcohol-free options in local establishments with a rating system. www.facebook.com/fauxmosa and www.fauxmosa.com.
Look for The Creativity Collective at Culture Collision 7, a trade show of 65 local performing arts, visual arts, and philanthropist organizations under one roof.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
The National WWII Museum’s US Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center
Culture Collision is a smorgasbord of season announcements, exclusive promotions, pop-up performances, a HUGE free drawing, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and cash bar with Happy Hour specials. www.culturenola.org for more info
The event is hosted by WWNO, sponsored by NewOrleans.me, The National WWII Museum and Canary Collective. It is organized by the Arts Council of New Orleans, DEVENEY, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, New Orleans Ballet Association, New Orleans Opera Association, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, Southern Rep and WWNO.
The Creativity Collective’s third annual pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! Behold, our 2015 participating venues:
2:00 - 4:00 Jackson Brewery and Bistro
4:15 - 5:15 House of Blues
5:15 - 6:15 Fahrenheit 55
6:30 - 7:30 Antoine's/Hermes Bar
7:30 - 9:00 Razoo
9:00 - 10:00 Bourbon Heat
10:30 Saints and Sinners
The Creativity Collective’s second annual St. Patrick's day pub crawl is Saturday, March 5, 2015
The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is the Leprechaun pub-crawl in New Orleans, a new addition to the St. Patrick’s Day calendar of events.
The first Leprecrawl brought the pub-crawl party to Faubourg St John and Mid-City on March 7, 2015. Costume contests, discounts, and food/drink specials set the green gathering into motion. Wristbands were $10 to raise funds for Gradeuxity, a positive reinforcement education initiative that awards graduating seniors a check of $50 in a booklet of life skills publicly after graduation. www.leprecrawl.com and Facebook.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is a social innovator that untaps the talents of our community members in a fun and fostering environment for local impact. The result is a workforce of entrepreneurs, parents, artists, and students launching home-grown solutions to New Orleans issues.
- Gradeuxity boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a check of $50 in a booklet of life-skills publicly after graduation. www.gradeuxity.com
- Fauxmosa creates and distributes menus that utilize bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options for non-drinkers, designated drivers, pregnant women, and moderate drinkers in social settings. www.fauxmosa.com
- Nolalit is a book club that celebrates local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related events. www.nolalit.com
- The Creative Resource Directory is a clearinghouse that brings the creative and cultural economy together at www.creativeresourcedirectory.com. Physical directory and phone app in the startup phase.
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea