Embrace New Orleans literature in a social setting.
To celebrate finishing Richard Campanella's Bourbon Street we will start at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop and see where the night takes us! Meet us a 941 Bourbon Street at 6pm.
Built between 1722 and 1732 by Nicolas Touze, Lafitte's is reputed to be the oldest structure used as a bar in the United States.
Nolalit meets the second Monday of the month at 6:00 pm at landmark, Columns Hotel (3811 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70115). Adults and mature teens are invited to attend with $1 per meeting. Food and drinks are available during Column’s happy hour in the Victoria Lounge 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
The group celebrates completing a book with an optional field trip, signing, or author-speaker. This is a great introduction to the rich culture of New Orleans for new residents and anyone who wants to share their passion for reading about New Orleans with others.
Craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings.
Special thanks to the New Orleans Hash House Harriers Red Dress Run for awarding The Creativity Collective a grant to launch Fauxmosa: the creation and distribution of craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers and designated drivers in social settings.
Menus utilize available bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options. Menus can be downloaded and will be distributed through-out New Orleans bars, restaurants and venues.
Fauxmosa also includes education, stimulating alcohol-free options in local establishments with a rating system. www.facebook.com/fauxmosa and www.fauxmosa.com.
The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is the first ever Leprechaun pub-crawl in New Orleans, a new addition to the St. Patrick’s Day calendar of events.
Leprecrawl brings the pub-crawl party to Faubourg St John and Mid-City on March 7, 2015. Music, costume contests, discounts, and food/drink specials set the green gathering into motion at 3:00 pm. Wristbands are $10 to raise funds for Gradeuxity, a positive reinforcement education initiative that awards graduating seniors a check of $50 in a booklet of life skills at a college/career expo in May.
Providing discounts and specials are these participating venues:
- 3:00 – 4:30 – NONNA MIA (3125 Esplanade Ave) & CAFE DEGAS (3127 Esplanade Ave) & HALF SHELL (3101 Esplanade Ave) & SWIRL (3143 Ponce De Leon St)
- 4:30 – 6:00 – PALS (949 North Rendon St)
- 6:00 – 7:30 – PARKWAY BAKERY (538 Hagan Ave)
- 7:30 – 9:00 – BAYOU BEER GARDEN (326 North Jefferson Davis Pkwy)
- 9:00 – tbd – HOLY GROUND (3340 Canal St)
Leprecrawl and Gradeuxity are the projects of The Creativity Collective, the non-profit organization that plans the Bridal Crawl in the French Quarter. For updates on specials and activities, check out www.leprecrawl.com and www.facebook.com/events/749024295163442. This is a fundraiser. Please purchase your wristband at www.creativitycollective.com/store. Tickets are $15 at the door. Twenty-one and older. ID required to pick up wristband.
The Creativity Collective’s third annual pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! 21 and over, please. I.D. required. EARLY BRIDE REGISTRATION STARTS JANUARY 1! RSVP on Facebook and tell your friends www.bigeasybrides.com. Photo by Curt McClain.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective untaps the talents of our community members in a fun and fostering environment for local impact. The result is a workforce of entrepreneurs, parents, artists, and students launching home-grown solutions to New Orleans issues.
- Gradeuxity boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a check of $50 in a booklet of life-skills at a career/college expo after graduation. www.gradeuxity.com
- Fauxmosa creates and distributes menus that utilize bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options for non-drinkers, designated drivers, pregnant women, and moderate drinkers in social settings. www.fauxmosa.com
- Nolalit is a book club that celebrates local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related events. www.nolalit.com
- The Creative Resource Directory is a clearinghouse that brings the creative and cultural economy together at www.creativeresourcedirectory.com. Physical directory and phone app in the startup phase.
- Grow creative partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea